Mission: The mission of Net Impact is to promote positive change and social impact through profitable business means, whether social, ethical, environmental or other. Georgetown Net Impact supports students seeking careers in Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Business, Renewable Energy, International Development, Nonprofit Management, Microfinance, and Social Enterprise by providing exclusive job postings, networking opportunities, and career education programs. Net Impact also welcomes those who do not necessarily want a “Net Impact job” but who instead want to learn more about active civic engagement, philanthropy, volunteerism and other community involvement.
In addition to career services, Georgetown Net Impact also works with the faculty and administration to drive the inclusion of social, environmental and related themes in the MBA graduate curriculum, and to continually raise the profile of the McDonough School of Business as a leading institution at the intersection of business and society.
- Social Impact Week and Net Impact Day, providing education and provoking conversation on socially responsible business
- Speaker Series, bringing national business leaders to McDonough School of Business for keynote presentations and roundtable-style discussions
- Career Development within Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Business, Renewable Energy, International Development, Nonprofit Management, Microfinance, and Social Enterprise
- Board Fellows Program, offering an opportunity for students to serve on the Board of Directors of a nonprofit organization in the Washington, D.C. area and to complete a consulting project for that organization
- Service Corps Program, providing opportunity for students to serve as consultants on projects for local and national nonprofit organizations